1. To kick off this week’s Expert Advantage Recommended Reads, this 5 minute clip is worth the watch. A great story proving that it doesn’t take state of the art facilities to achieve success. Thanks to Nick Levett (@nlevett) for sharing this link. Watch the video of the Panyee Football Club’s journey to success here.
2. This Universal Sports article provides an interesting read about predicting Olympic medal tallys. Thanks to sport scientist Taisuke Kinugasa at Sportsci.blog for directing me this article. Click here to read article.
3. Brooke de Lench (@MomsTeam) from the Moms Team website argues that sports training for babies and toddlers won’t give them an athletic edge, with free play a more important contributor to development. Click here to read article.
4. This piece on Jacoby Ellsbury from the Boston Red Sox provides a great example of the benefits of delayed specialisation and multi-sport participation during childhood and adolescence. Thanks to strength and conditioning coach Michael Boyle (@mboyle1959) for directing me to this article. Click here to read article.
5. As the title of this story suggests – Couch potatoes rejoice! This article in Time Ideas from Annie Murphy Paul (@anniemurphypaul) reviews research on the power of observational learning. Thanks to Dr. Richard Bailey (@DrDickB) for sharing this link. Click here to read article.